Thank you to all of the parents who attended these sessions. Although many parents who had signed up did not attend those who did brought a wealth of suggestions for school improvement.
The sessions focussed on the following;
1. An opportunity to hear about the progress made towards achieving our Ofsted targets including updates on;
Attendance – 43 children off on the first Monday back after half term and how home visits by Mrs Bevan-Mackie and Miss Kelly are being successful in supporting improved attendance.
Feedback from visits from the Local Authority reviewing the quality of teaching and learning – progress observed in outcomes for Year R, 1, 3 and 4 with phase leaders praised for showing improvements in quality of pride and presentation in books.
Focus on mathematics with our involvement in the Solent Maths Hub – watch this space for information on the Shanghai method of teaching.
Focus on spelling and improving the quality of writing.
Focus on resilience.
2. A chance to look at the parental responses from the recent questionnaire in detail.
3. An opportunity to talk about the improving the quality of communication – development of Facebook page and going back to basics to ensure no errors are made.
4. A chance to talk about travel to and from school and how the school will be lobbying the council to extend the ZigZags on Bay Road. Support needed in ensuring Crossing Patrol position filled on Kathleen crossroads.
5. Parents being able to raise concerns, make suggestions and explore positive ways forward.
Please join us for the next sessions that are on the calendar already.
One positive outcome from the Meet the Head sessions was the development of Parent Reps.
The following parents have agreed to be Parent Reps. They will make sure you know who they are. Claire O’Neill Year R, Lorraine Instrell Year 1, Dawn Chase Year 2, Year 3, 4, 5 and 6 awaiting confirmation.
If you would like to be part of the Parent Helper Team there are lots of opportunities to share your skills. Please complete a form and return to Mrs Bevan-Mackie by Friday 18th November.
A meeting involving training for Parent helpers will be arranged after the above deadline and DBS forms will also be completed.
Opportunities to support with reading, painting, in the library, as gardeners, cooking, arts and crafts.
Looking forward to hearing from you.